So this weather in our dear Nairobbery is RIDICULOUS. I think it’s at some freezing point today because the fog that has not been clouding the city these past two days…
ANYHU… On to bigger and better things; guess who got a job FINALLY! Yay me:-) Interning at True Love Magazine, doing two things I really love; writing and graphic design. Just started yesterday and so far so good. Bummed I had to stop volunteering with @AHIcommunity but will visit them from time to time.
So today I wanna talk about something I actually have to write about at work; so will need all ur expert opinions on this! Relationships.. lol, yes, that wretched word. And how did I come across as the best person to write on that?? I don’t freaking know!! All I know is the article is due Monday so lets get to it shall we?? Main topic on relationships that I want to discuss is actually the new dating rules that have resurfaced of have surfaced on the social scene especially here in Nairobi.( Any opinions not restricted to Nairobi only btw!) I am asking for ur help as I have been AWOL from the dating scene for quite a while now.. and like @Chef_pinchito’s menu at home, these rules change all the time!!
Some questions asked included:
1. Ladies, would you make the first move on a guy in this day and age? And guys, would you go for a woman who is brazen enough to ask you out?
2. Ladies, would you pay the bill or do 50/50? (I think 50/50 in this case.. as in one day you cover him, the next its his turn etc.. but some women like to be pampered, even with their 6 figure cheques.. Im just saying)
3. Guys, do you believe chivalry should still be practiced, seeing as it was killed and buried many many eons ago?? Ladies? Thoughts on this?
4. Would you date a man with kid/s? and guys, would you date a woman with kid/s?
5. In this day and age, does the age old tradition of abstinence till marriage still hold in our society or no?
6. And if no, when is the right time, during courtship to get intimate with that person?
7. Ladies, would you ever pull a Mariah/J-lo and date someone way younger than you? Or would you consider dating someone way older than you? think 1 or 2 decades older…
8. Guys, are there some things you wish ladies would change or start doing in regards to the dating/courtship process? Ladies you can comment on this but no opinions, this is specifically for the guys.
9. Now to touch on this whole chipsfunga biz taking over the city… ladies, would you let yourself be *chipsed or not? Also would you have an *FWB on the side?
10.Would you still go on a date with an interesting person even if you were already
seeing someone? what’s the limit for exclusivity? this goes to both the ladies and gents…
Give me your take on any of these or all of them if you want to make me really happy,lol… and I shall happily refer them to my editor and your thoughts could be published on next month’s issue of True Love. And also, if you know of anymore dating rules I may have left out, new or old and your opinions on them.. go to our facebook page below, True Love (East Africa) Magazine and post it there.
P.S(*chipsfunga= one night stand. *FWB=Friends with benefits)